httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jaysingh Samuel <jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Minification of js files.
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 04:42:41 GMT

Hi,
Instead of minifying each of the javascript file separately and then using, is there a way
of embedding the jsmin/(stripping of the blank lines) in the filter module of the apache so
that the js file will be minified on the fly.
Please guide me.
Thanks in advance,Jaysingh
> Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:40:32 +0100
> Subject: Re: Minification of js files.
> From: jerome.renard@gmail.com
> To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
>
> Jaysingh,
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Jaysingh Samuel
> <jayasingh.samuel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for your input.
> > Yes we could use this, but could you tell me how this can be used in the apache
for minifying the javascript. Should we have to include in any module like filter module.
> > Please guide me on this.
>
> We you try to achieve is not quite clear to me (sorry, tired today).
> But what I would do is the following :
>
> For each JavaScript file in your application you can run either jsmin
> (or yuicompressor : http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/compressor/)
> in order to reduce them to the bare minimum. And then you can
> configure mod_deflate to compress those files on the fly if you want.
>
> Did that help you ?
>
> :)

Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop