httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Durket <>
Subject post-config phase question
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:40:44 GMT
Based on the few books that describe Apache module writing and a presentation
that I've found on the web from an Apache conference, the advice to module
writers is to remember that Apache calls the post-config phase twice - once
while it's checking its configuration files, and then when it's ready to start up
it discards all that and calls post-config again to really set things up.

But it appears to me (via tracing I've done in my own module) that post-config
is actually called once at configuration file checking time, and then once per
server process start (we're using MPM here) during the second (actual Apache
startup phase).

Is this correct?

View raw message