httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ap_sub_req_lookup_uri(r->uri, r, NULL)->content_type always returns 'text/plain'?
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2009 01:27:48 GMT
On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 8:10 PM,  <ohaya@cox.net> wrote:
> "MaxClients" was one of the first approaches that I tried when i was asked about this.
>
> The problem with MaxClients that I found was that it appeared that when it was used,
Apache would queue up the requests.  The end-result from the user perspective was that either
response time would look really slow, or their browser would eventually timeout, and they'd
get (in IE) a "The page cannot be displayed".

Wanting your own errordoc makes sense, but the queuing is just:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#listenbacklog

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com