httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From martin nylin <martin.ny...@gmail.com>
Subject maintaining sessions among multiple processes
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:52:14 GMT
hi

i'm using apache 2.2 mpm-worker and have noticed that incoming
requests are dispatched to apache processes in a way that makes it
hard for me to maintain sessions in my module. i'm using the user
field of the request_rec as session key and would therefore like all
incoming request from a certain user to always be dispatched to the
same process. in other words: if we have recently received a request
from the same user, then dispatch the current request to the same
process as we used for the previous request.

i do realize that shared memory might be an alternative way to
implement sessions, but i think it would be very tricky in this case
since my session objects contains pointers to objects of unknown size

/martin

--
"A Catholic is more capable of evil than anyone"
Graham Greene