httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From martin nylin <>
Subject maintaining sessions among multiple processes
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:52:14 GMT

i'm using apache 2.2 mpm-worker and have noticed that incoming
requests are dispatched to apache processes in a way that makes it
hard for me to maintain sessions in my module. i'm using the user
field of the request_rec as session key and would therefore like all
incoming request from a certain user to always be dispatched to the
same process. in other words: if we have recently received a request
from the same user, then dispatch the current request to the same
process as we used for the previous request.

i do realize that shared memory might be an alternative way to
implement sessions, but i think it would be very tricky in this case
since my session objects contains pointers to objects of unknown size

"A Catholic is more capable of evil than anyone"
Graham Greene

View raw message