httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Michael B Allen <iop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging: child process 14446 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:26:01 GMT
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Joe Lewis <joe@joe-lewis.com> wrote:
> Michael B Allen wrote:
>>
>> I have a customer who very occasionally sees apache workers hang. I'm
>> pretty sure this is caused by an errant module but I don't know which
>> one.
>>
>> Is there any way to determine which module is causing Apache workers to
>> hang?
>>
>> Can I temporarily disable that SIGTERM so that I can have enough time
>> to attach GDB to the hanging processes?
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Perhaps run it in a non-forking mode (httpd -X -k start) inside of gdb and
> see what it hangs on?

If I run it in gdb like you suggest:

  # gdb httpd
  (gdb) run -X -k start

I cannot get httpd to run module deinitialization. Meaning if I do
apachectl stop or httpd -X -k stop or graceful-stop in another
terminal, it just kills the whole process group. Since the problem is
hanging during module deinitialization I don't think this is going to
help me. How do I shutdown httpd so that it runs the module
deinitialization routines?

Otherwise does anyone have a web-svn pointer to the code that's
calling the SIGTERM? Maybe I can find a way to disable it.

Mike