httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Debugging: child process 14446 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:10:09 GMT
Michael B Allen wrote:
> I have a customer who very occasionally sees apache workers hang. I'm
> pretty sure this is caused by an errant module but I don't know which
> one.
>
> Is there any way to determine which module is causing Apache workers to hang?
>
> Can I temporarily disable that SIGTERM so that I can have enough time
> to attach GDB to the hanging processes?
>
> Mike

Perhaps run it in a non-forking mode (httpd -X -k start) inside of gdb
and see what it hangs on?

Joe

--
Joe Lewis
Chief Nerd 	SILVERHAWK <http://www.silverhawk.net/> 	(801) 660-1900

/Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
    --JPopular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science,
1949/