httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Franklin <slavo5...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hello World Module in UTF-8
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:47:31 GMT
Hello,

I would like to modify the typical Hello World module to output in UTF-8 and say "Hello" in
a different language.  For example 안녕 in Korean.  I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Express
on Windows XP, but would like my module to also compile and run in Linux.

I intend to use wchar_t or std::wstring internally to manage text, but output UTF-8 to the
client.  I have tried using the apr_xlate api, but apr_xlate_open() always returns APR_EINVAL
despite what I pass for the to and from character encodings.  And I'm not even sure if using
the apr_xlate api is the right approach.

I've search all over the web for help.  I've learned a great deal in the process, but haven't
found anything directly related to my goal, which has me questioning my overall approach.
 Yes I'm a newbie to Apache development, hence the Hello World related question.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike