httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: correct hook function after accepting connection
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:33:58 GMT
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 16:06, Robert Schulze<rs@bytecamp.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a hook for dealing with connections *before* any http data is read?
> The reason for this todo would be dropping connections from hosts without
> ever reading the request - keeping slowloris in mind.
>
> With kind regards,
>
> Robert Schulze

You have a choice among these:

pre_connection(conn_rec *, void *)
process_connection(conn_rec *)

If return != OK && != DECLINED => connection is not processed.

However, I would suggest that connections are better dropped at
IP-level (by firewall rules/iptables) or by using

Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Deny from the_ips_you_want_to_reject

Regards,