httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jaysingh Samuel <jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Memory leaks on adding module directives on virtual host.
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:20:47 GMT

Hi,
Thanks for your reply..
We do have Cleanup function which frees up all the malloc'ed memory space. The apache is running
fine and there is no memory leak when the module specific directives are removed from the
Virtual host, memory leak happens and grows only when the module specifc directives are in
the Virtual host.
Usually the virtual host takes the default directives and if the directives are placed inside
the virtual host then it is overWrittened.. Is that some Where in the Cleanup function i need
to free up the virtual host memory on graceful restart. ?
Please guide me.
Thanks, Jaysingh.

> Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:05:42 +0200
> Subject: Re: Memory leaks on adding module directives on virtual host.
> From: sorinm@gmail.com
> To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 08:48, Jaysingh
> Samuel<jayasingh.samuel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > Please help me out in this.
> > I have Name based virtual host and i place lots of directives from which my modules
takes input. Because of adding these directives i face memory leak.. The httpd memory size
gets increased on every graceful restart..
> > My virtual host looks like this.
> > <VirtualHost *:80>    ServerName click.xyz.com    ServerAlias t1.xyz.com
> >  xyzApache                         abc apachedefCookieName         def apachezxyCookieName
        zxy
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > Please let me know why the graceful restarts is not cleaning up memory on the virtual
hosts and ways to prevent memory leaks.
> > Thanks, Jaysingh Samuel
>
> Each graceful restart apache runs the pre- and post-config callbacks
> as well as the callbacks associated to the configuration hooks.
>
> Check that you do not have malloc's and new's in those callbacks.
>
> The same applies to other resources like shared memory segments,
> semaphores, application specific threads, etc.

> --
> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
> Q: Why is top-posting frowned upon?
> A: Top-posting.

Stay updated! Add Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace & Hi5  friends to your Windows Live network
instantly. Add Now!
http://profile.live.com/webactivities/?mkt=en-in