httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jaysingh Samuel <jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com>
Subject apache memory leak detection using Valgrind.
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 05:40:05 GMT

Hai,
I have apache server where I do graceful restart of the server every half an hour.. And during
this i find the memory size getting increased after every graceful restart.. At times it reaches
1gb. Is it because of memory leak?
I also checked with the valgrind to figure out the memory Leak. but the reports shows the
following.
I have runned the following command.
valgrind  --undef-value-errors=yes  --leak-resolution=high --leak-check=full   -v --log-file=valLeakGraceful.txt
./apachectl graceful

==10524== LEAK SUMMARY:==10524==    definitely lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks.==10524==      possibly
lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks.==10524==    still reachable: 28,388 bytes in 754 blocks.
We store huge datas in the hash memory and i think the still reachable is pointing to that
but after every restart we free up the old date and store the new Datas.
Please let me know the following.
1. Is the memory size which increases after every server graceful restart is because of memory
Leak. ?2. Can we run the valgrind for specific module. ? If yes please provide me with the
command.
Please help me with your suggestion/comments on this.
Thanks in advance, Jaysingh Samuel.
Stay updated! Add Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace & Hi5  friends to your Windows Live network
instantly. Add Now!
http://profile.live.com/webactivities/?mkt=en-in