httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <Tom.Bow...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject Immortal vs Pool Buckets
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:50:19 GMT

A quick question about immortal buckets. In all the examples I've seen,
they are used with data that has static storage duration. However, the
requirement for using them appears to be just that the data will live
for "at least as long as the brigade". I'm wondering about the
borderline case, where the data has the same lifetime as the brigade.

In my use case the data is either allocated from the request pool, as is
the brigade, or is allocated from the heap but freed in a cleanup
registered with the request pool. If I use pool buckets I'm concerned
that sometimes the pool buckets will be converted to heap buckets when
the request pool goes away, only to be immediately discarded anyway
because the brigade is also on that pool. On the other hand, I'm not
quite sure my data satisfies the conditions for an immortal bucket.

Can anyone help?

Tom

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.