httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: process initialisation in prefork-MPM
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:17:56 GMT
ricardo13 wrote:
> HI,
>
> Sorry, but I'm using Worker MPM.
> How do I declare variable using Worker MPM ?
>

> Thank you
> Ricardo

I always suggest the same method, regardless of the MPM, for
configuration options. If you absolutely don't want to use shared memory
and you use the worker MPM (threaded), you should be able to declare a
regular variable with your programming language of choice as static
variable, and don't reset it on a post_config unless it is only the
first time post_config is being run (otherwise, as a thread is killed
and started, it could reset your variable).

--
Joe Lewis
Chief Nerd 	SILVERHAWK <http://www.silverhawk.net/> 	(801) 660-1900

/An army is stengthened by labor and enervated by idleness.
--Vegetius, A.D. 4th Century/