httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernard T. Higonnet" <...@higonnet.net>
Subject Probably OT. Difficulty implementing content handler Apache2
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:35:30 GMT
Here's my system

FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE #0
Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) PHP/5.2.10 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8

I'm trying to create a content-handler.

I know that Apache finds the handler because if there's a syntax error in the perl, Apache
reports
the error.

If however, there is no syntax error, everything falls into a deep dark hole: the browser
(Firefox
3.0a2 under FreeBSD and Firefox 3.5 under XP) shows a beautiful empty screen while both access
and
error logs for Apache have no knowledge of the request. IE6 under XP says "This page cannot
be
displayed" and asserts a server or DNS error. So I conclude that Apache sends nothing at all
back to
the browser.

This happens no matter what the code is, code which I have lifted from the Internet such as

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/GOZER/mod_perl-2.0.1/docs/os/win32/config.pod) or
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/99882

The Apache conf file has this in it

<Location /public/footer>
     SetHandler modperl
     PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Footer
</Location>

I apologize for mailing to this list but have not found a better a place...

TIA
Bernard Higonnet