httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernard T. Higonnet" <>
Subject Probably OT. Difficulty implementing content handler Apache2
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:35:30 GMT
Here's my system

FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE #0
Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) PHP/5.2.10 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8

I'm trying to create a content-handler.

I know that Apache finds the handler because if there's a syntax error in the perl, Apache
the error.

If however, there is no syntax error, everything falls into a deep dark hole: the browser
3.0a2 under FreeBSD and Firefox 3.5 under XP) shows a beautiful empty screen while both access
error logs for Apache have no knowledge of the request. IE6 under XP says "This page cannot
displayed" and asserts a server or DNS error. So I conclude that Apache sends nothing at all
back to
the browser.

This happens no matter what the code is, code which I have lifted from the Internet such as or

The Apache conf file has this in it

<Location /public/footer>
     SetHandler modperl
     PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Footer

I apologize for mailing to this list but have not found a better a place...

Bernard Higonnet

View raw message