httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_deflate feature needed
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:37:16 GMT
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 00:39, Anthony J.
Biacco<abiacco@formatdynamics.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use mod_deflate to compress data coming out of tomcat
> through mod_jk and need the proper content-length header set for the
> COMPRESSED data, but can't do this because the data is streamed and sent
> after the headers are set, therefore we don't know the compressed
> content-length until after the fact.
> I'd either like to request a option to enable such a feature where I can
> have the compressed data buffered, the headers set, and then the data
> sent.
> I'd be willing to pay someone here a nominal free to do it privately, if
> one so wishes to do it.

Have you tried placing the JkMount directive inside a Location and
using just one argument for JkMount?

<LocationMatch /examples/*>
        JkMount ajp13_worker
        SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</LocationMatch>

In my case it works, I get a compressed response.

Here are the relevant response headers:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK