httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Threads
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:25:26 GMT
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:54 AM, ricardo13<ricardoogrande@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought better and I think that first thread will be delete. Because, all
> post_request_read() hook, I add request, dont need a thread for it.
>
> Now, second thread's "asynchnous". That means, doesn't need a event "add
> request" for scheduling. It's independent.
>
> I didn't undestand about "talk to your thread standalone".
> What do I will talk for thread ?

I don't understand much of this, but re: my earlier comment:  I
assumed that if you were creating a thread, you'd want to interact
with it in some way to implement your queueing.  It sounded like you
expected the core of Apache to interact directly with your standalone
thread, which it won't do for you.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com