httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Morris <supp...@bettercgi.com>
Subject Re: How do I manipulate request_rec Object in worker.c
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:41:38 GMT
> I modified request_rec simply adding a field in
> request_rec.  Now, I would like get this field
> in worker.c

   You also wouldn't modify request_rec, adding
a new data member, to add information about a
request anyway.  If you wanted to add information
about a request, you would add it to the notes
table if there were no appropriate existing member.
request rec is used by every other module, so you
have no right to go changing it's definition.

   If you're wanting to prioritize by IP address,
Google "QOS" and your OS, such as "QOS Linux".
If you're wanting to prioritize based on something
else, start with r->connection.
--
Ray Morris
support@bettercgi.com