httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Ben Davies" <bdav...@stickyeyes.com>
Subject Dynamicly insert 'require' into request
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:52:36 GMT
Hi Everybody,

Quick question: does anyone have any examples of implementing conditional
authentication in a module? I'd like my module to serve a file if public
access is granted, and challenge if not. I thought that it might be possible
to dynamically insert a require statement into a request config in order to
trigger the check_user and auth hooks.

Any suggestions or examples? Or is Apache locked into the "only the require
directive triggers auth and you can't dynamically change the config of a
request during that request"?

Cheers,

Ben