httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <Houser.R...@aoins.com>
Subject POST Body Buffer?
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 20:01:54 GMT
I'm facing a situation where we may be required to handle multi-megabyte
POST submissions from dial-up users.  We want to avoid tying up the
backend servers for long periods of time if possible.  Does anyone know
of either built-in support for pre-buffering complete POST request
bodies (i.e. avoid streaming through to the WAS plug-in) or a module
that would do that same?

If no, does this approach sound right?

Input filter that:
(a) determines if it should do anything (looks at the content-length,
URL, etc.)
(b) looks at each bucket (AP_MODE_PEEK?), holds a reference, and returns
a empty brigade unless EOS found
(c) if EOS found, the output brigade is filled with all the existing
buckets

I'm currently running 2.0, but could bump up my migration to 2.2 if
there's a specific feature that would help.

Thanks,

Rick Houser
Auto-Owners Insurance
Systems Support