httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Makarenko <liberi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Envitonment variables inside mod_alias: is it real?
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 07:58:41 GMT
    Thanks for your advice, William. I found it useful, of course. ;)

_____________________

Sincerely, Alexander Makarenko
Current portfolio
Cell: +7 (918) 516 70 89

________________________________
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009 4:56:32 AM
Subject: Re: Envitonment variables inside mod_alias: is it real?

Alexander Makarenko wrote:
>     Hi, guys! I got such trouble and need some help or advice: using mod_alias directives
AliasMatch or Alias... I thought about inserting environment variables like HTTP_HOST inside
of these directives. I tried luck with %{some_var} or ${some_var} (like in mod_reqwrite: variable
or mapping, respectively), but got no results. So... my questions: is this real to use env's
in mod_alias directives for now? And are there reasons for rejecting env's in this module?
>     Second question, in other words, means: "I'm thinking of patch for mod_alias.c"...

Think mod_rewrite; overloading efficient directives with inefficient
implementations isn't likely to be a good solution :)