httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Envitonment variables inside mod_alias: is it real?
Date Sat, 20 Jun 2009 00:56:32 GMT
Александр Макаренко wrote:
>     Hi, guys! I got such trouble and need some help or advice: using mod_alias directives
AliasMatch or Alias... I thought about inserting environment variables like HTTP_HOST inside
of these directives. I tried luck with %{some_var} or ${some_var} (like in mod_reqwrite: variable
or mapping, respectively), but got no results. So... my questions: is this real to use env's
in mod_alias directives for now? And are there reasons for rejecting env's in this module?
>     Second question, in other words, means: "I'm thinking of patch for mod_alias.c"...

Think mod_rewrite; overloading efficient directives with inefficient
implementations isn't likely to be a good solution :)