httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: mod_dbd : connection aquisition issue
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 18:40:39 GMT
Jérôme Renard wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Tom Donovan a écrit :
> [...]
>> When your DBDriver and DBDParams directives are inside a <VirtualHost>
>> block, they apply only to that virtual host.   You might try moving
>> these directives to be outside all your <VirtualHost> blocks.  The
>> database should then be available to all your virtual hosts.
>
> Thanks for the tip :)
>
> I see an issue with this though, here is a simple use case :
>
> - I want to use both "VirtualHosted" and non "VirtualHosted" sites on my
> server.
>   For example I want to run :
>
>   - http://site1.com -+
>                       |----> points to 1.2.3.4
>   - http://site2.com -+
>
>   - http://1.2.3.4/path/to/directory
>
> I could get two different DBD configurations for site1.com and site2.com
> and
> everything should work fine. But whenever when I hit http://1.2.3.4/...
> I will
> get a DBD error like shown in my original email in the error_log.
>
> Do you think that applying DBD* directives in a <Directory> context
> would fix the problem ?
>

>> -tom-
>>
>> p.s. You might want to take a look at mod_vhost_dbd at
>> http://dbd-modules.googlecode.com which is a similar module to yours.
>
> Thanks for the info I will have a look at it.
>
> Best Regards.

Hi Jerome,

I don't think you can put mod_dbd directives (DBDriver, DBDParams, etc.) inside a <Directory>

context.  The docs for these directives say "Context: server config, virtual host" - so you
can only
use them at the top level, or inside a <VirtualHost> block.  See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dbd.html#dbdriver

The database that is configured for mod_dbd at the top level, outside any <VirtualHost>
block, will
be used for all non-virtual-host requests. It will also be used for any virtual hosts which
do not
have their own mod_dbd directives to override the default configuration.

-tom-