httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: mod_dbd : connection aquisition issue
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 16:08:55 GMT
Jérôme Renard wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I have been developping an Apache module which uses the DBD framework.
>
> I get the following issue :
>
> If I call a URL which "belongs" to my test virtual host, like
> http://myvhost.lo/test/foo-bar
> everything works fine.
>
> However if I try a completely different URL which points to location
> externel to the
> vhost, say http://localhost/path/to/a/folder/not/in/a/vhost I get the
> following message in the
> error_log :
>
> [Sun May 17 16:55:46 2009] [error] DBD: not configured
> [Sun May 17 16:55:46 2009] [error] [client ::1] Unable to acquire a
> database connection
>
> - mod_dbd and my module are loaded in httpd.conf
> - the configuration for my VirtualHost is the following :
>
> <VirtualHost *:81>
>     ServerName modurlalias.loc
>     DocumentRoot /path/to/my/virtualhost/
>

>     <IfModule mod_url_alias.c>
>         URLAliasEngine On
>         DBDriver mysql
>         DBDParams "host=myhost port=3306 user=foo pass=bar
> dbname=modurlalias"
>     </IfModule>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> - there is not other DBD* calls in httpd.conf or in any other
> configuration file.
>
> What can be the source of such log messages ?
>
> Maybe I did something wrong in the module's code but I did not find
> where yet.
>
> The code is accessibile here :
> -
> http://code.google.com/p/modurlalias/source/browse/trunk/src/mod_url_alias.c
>

> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> :)

Hi Jerome,

When your DBDriver and DBDParams directives are inside a <VirtualHost> block, they apply
only to
that virtual host.   You might try moving these directives to be outside all your <VirtualHost>

blocks.  The database should then be available to all your virtual hosts.

-tom-

p.s. You might want to take a look at mod_vhost_dbd at http://dbd-modules.googlecode.com which
is a
similar module to yours.