httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Module segfault on Ubuntu apache
Date Sat, 16 May 2009 17:12:28 GMT
Fabio Zund wrote:
> However, when I compile and test the module on the apache (also
> version 2.2.11) that comes with Ubuntu 9.04, all i get are segfaults.
>
> Does anyone know differences between the original apache and the
> Ubuntu apache version? What in my module could cause such errors?

Unfortunately, I have never looked at the sources and patches used on
ubuntu.  I would suggest looking at the patches they include with their
source installation.  I think that would be a very good place to start.
Additionally, debugging tools (e.g. gdb) might be a very good place to
start.  Your hints for the day :  run "gdb httpd" (or whatever binary is
used to start it, make sure you use the BINARY and not an init script),
and then at the gdb prompt, enter "run -X" - this starts the binary in a
single-instance mode.  Point the browser to it and generate the
"errors".  Then type "bt" to get a back trace.  Outside of that and
looking at the patches, I am unable to help.

Joe