httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jaysingh Samuel <jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Deregister and register a single module on passing signal..
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 03:58:05 GMT

Hai all,

Can anyBody help me out with some solution on this.

Thanks,
Jaysingh Samuel
From: jayasingh.samuel@hotmail.com
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org; sorinm@gmail.com
Subject: Deregister and register a signal module on passing signal..
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:31:28 +0530

Hai,

I have apache server running with apache Modules and few custom Modules. When i looked into
the server module code, i could see that when the parent process receives a graceful signal
then it deregisters all the modules and then registers it and run a post config of the modules
to load it again and then spawns new Childrens.

The following are the my concerns and wanted to know if its possible to do.
1. If iam passing a SigUSR2 signal to the parent process, then will i be able to reload/rerun
only my custom Modules,  without reading the config file ?.

Thanks in advance,
Jaysingh Samuel.

The new Windows Live Messenger.  You don’t want to miss this.
How fun is this? IMing with Windows Live Messenger just got better.
http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/messenger.aspx