httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Regarding setup modules for server 2.2
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:55:17 GMT
fortanu82 wrote:
> Hi
> I have to completely replace the Apache 1.3 HTTP server with Apache 2.2.
> In Apache 1.3 modules like mod_fastcgi, mod_perl and mod_oprocmgr are
> present.
>
> Now I just wanted to confirm two things,
> 1) If our application does not use any CGI or perl scripts, Is it necessary
> to have the modules like mod_perl and mod_fastcgi to be present in the
> sever.

Wrong list.  This is a programming list, not the user list.  But just so
you don't go away empty handed, your application only requires mod_perl
or mod_fastcgi if you hook into them from your apache module.

> 2) mod_oprocmgr is configured in Apache 1.3 and when I am looking to
> configure the mod_oprocmgr for Apache 2.2, the module (.so) file is not
> present. Now my question is - Is this module not required in Apache 2.2? If
> it is required, how could I install and configure this module.

Apache is not allowed to release an oracle-specific module.  You will
have to install this on your own.

Thanks!
Joe
--
Joe Lewis
/Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.