httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location of Apache Modules
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:59:42 GMT
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Michele Waldman <mmwaldman@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> I ran a find for functions like ap_hook_auth_checker, ap_run_type_checker
> and a few other functions.
>
> I could not find the function definitions.  All I could find was a
> reference to them in server/export.c.
>
> Does anyone know where all of the functions are?
>
> It's difficult to trace through the code if you can't find it.

These functions are defined by preprocessor macros such as:

AP_IMPLEMENT_HOOK_RUN_FIRST
AP_IMPLEMENT_HOOK_RUN_ALL

The 2nd argument gets baked into function names like ap_run_XXX and ap_hook_XX.

If you're just using grep, you can usually get good results just using
the unique bit at the end. If you use something like cscope, you have
to know that you can't copy/paste to find the definitions/callers and
have to put the names together by hand.

> I've been glancing over the server code and I see references to
> "subrequests".
>
> That appears what the ajax call may be.  I noticed the reference in the
> digest modules was the main html file, even though it was validating the
> credentials for the ajax file, which may be treated as a subrequest?

subrequests are an internal notion only, e.g. some kinds of rewrites
or things like DirectoryIndex are handled internally as subrequests.
The components of SSI are subrequests as well.

> What's throwing me for a loop, is that it is logging in with the first
> request, but not forcing a new login with different credentials on
> subsequent requests.

Did your browser send digest credentials on the ajax request?  You can
log %{Authorization}i in the access log to quickly tell.

If credentials were sent, can mod_log_config log a %u or were they
ignored (due to no Require, satisfy any, etc)?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com