httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Supun Kamburugamuva <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Asynchronous request processing
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 09:11:26 GMT
Hi all,

I'm writing a httpd module. This module is a content generator.

When a request comes to this module it has to forward it to a remote
machine. In that sense this module makes httpd acts like a proxy server.

Talking to a remote machine can take some time and if I use the default
threading model, this app won't scale. When httpd delivers the request to
the module, I want to use my own thread pool and handle the request. After
handling the request I want to send the response to the actual client
through Apache server.

Is this model supported by httpd? If so, can you point me to some
documentation where I can learn more about it?

Thanks,
Supun..