httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <l...@firehawksystems.com>
Subject Re: hook before receiving HTTP request
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:48:22 GMT

On Mar 16, 2009, at 9:13 AM, Andrej van der Zee wrote:
> I am looking for a hook function that I can call to initialize some
> structures before it accepts a connections. Similar like
> ap_log_transaction() is called after the HTTP reply is sent to the
> client, I need a hook that is called before a HTTP request is
> received. Is it there?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/developer/modules.html

ap_hook_pre_connection
     do any setup required just before processing, but after accepting

ap_hook_create_request
     ??

(Assuming) ap_hook_create_request will be called when creating a
request_rec * for each request on a connection (multiple request on a
connection with KeepAlive enabled).

Is that what you are looking for?

Brian