httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Brooks Sizemore <bro...@darg.net>
Subject Capturing error text for output
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 01:42:59 GMT
Hello modules-dev,

What I'm trying to do may not be possible, but I thought I'd ask here. What
I'd like to do is have all of the error messages that get sent to the error
log available for redirection to the client browser. My initial searching of
the code tells me that logging calls like ap_log_rerror(), ap_log_error()
and the like are just wrappers around log_error_core ()(in log.c), which is
why I'm a bit doubtful that what I'm trying to do is possible. Not sure how
CGI scripts send messages to the error log, but I'm assuming it's also done
through standard ap_log_* calls.

I thought I may be able to send my errors to a pipe, but I don't know how I
could get that information back into request processing before completing
the request.

Can I somehow override the behavior of log_error_core()?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

--
Brooks Sizemore