httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hook before receiving HTTP request
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:58:22 GMT
Hi,

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/developer/modules.html
>
> ap_hook_pre_connection
>    do any setup required just before processing, but after accepting
>
> ap_hook_create_request
>    ??
>
> (Assuming) ap_hook_create_request will be called when creating a request_rec
> * for each request on a connection (multiple request on a connection with
> KeepAlive enabled).
>
> Is that what you are looking for?

Well, I saw those hooks too, but I think it is not exactly what I
want. I need to hook into my module EVERY time before receiving a
request. I need to do some general initialization before every HTTP
request, but I do not want to disturb the request processing itself,
in terms of performance loss. But I guess it is not there so I will
start looking for another solution.

Cheers,
Andrej