httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <>
Subject post_config on reload
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:01:39 GMT

I found this piece of code for dealing with the post_config issue (it is
called twice, while I need to initialise my stuff only once):

  void *data;
  const char *userdata_key = "post_config_only_once_key";
  apr_pool_userdata_get(&data, userdata_key, s->process->pool);
  if (!data) {
    apr_pool_userdata_set((const void *)1, userdata_key,
apr_pool_cleanup_null, s->process->pool);
    return OK;
  } else {
     // do initialize

I was wondering if there is a solution for detecting a post_config
invocation on behalf of "apachctl restart" instead of a clean start (in case
of a restart, I do not want to initialise my stuff again).

Thank you,