httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom background thread and module sharing a data structure
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 03:08:28 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the info.

For the worker mpm, both cross thread and cross process protection will be
> needed. apr_proc_mutex.h family supplies cross-process protection,
> apr_thread_mutex.h provides cross thread protection.
>
> You "locking" method would be a wrapper method that first obtains a process
> level lock, and then inside that lock it obtains a thread level lock.

Is there anything against using the interprocess- and thread-library from
C++ boost and use those instead the ones provided by the APR-library? What I
need to do is start a background thread and share some data with a custom
module. Although C++ boost is cross-platform, for now my primary target is
Linux only.

Your opinion is appreciated!

Cheers,
Andrej