httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Set-Cookie
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:17:28 GMT
On 26.03.2009 10:07, Marco Spinetti wrote:
> Ok, I have to use apr_table_add instead od apr_table_set.
> So I should write:
>
> apr_table_add(r->headers_out, "Set-Cookie", co);
> apr_table_add(r->headers_out, "Set-Cookie", co1);
>
> If I write:
>
> apr_table_set(r->headers_out, "Set-Cookie", co);
> apr_table_merge(r->headers_out, "Set-Cookie", co1);
>
> is it right?
>
> What are the differences between the two approches? browser compatibility?
> Best regards
>
> Marco

Whether to merge or add

http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.3/group__apr__tables.html

depends on whether you need the various (header) values to get
concatenated with ", " in between and the header send only once, or you
want the headers multiple times, each time with a different value.

What's right depends on the spec that defines the header. Set-Cookie
requires the header once for each cookie to set.

Regards,

Rainer