httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Saju Pillai <saju.pil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make HTTP Request
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:04:32 GMT
Sorin Manolache wrote:
> 2009/3/16 Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo@buanzo.com.ar>:
>>
>> Hi! From within my module, I'd like to make an HTTP request from another HTTP server,
get something
>> from it, and use the returned information. What's the best way to do this?
>
> You can use sub-requests. See ap_sub_req_method_uri and ap_run_sub_req.

I think OP wants to know how to make a HTTP request to *another* HTTP
server.

I have used a socket speaking a bastardized impl of HTTP - but that was
a very specialized case.

For more robust HTTP handling from within an apache module, I would use
the libcurl api. Technically you should be able to use most HTTP client
libraries that are callable from C.

srp
--
http://saju.net.in