httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Saju Pillai <saju.pil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous request processing
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:46:31 GMT
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the quick reply. I have found this Event MPM for httpd. Is it
>>> possible to use this for my scenario?
>>>
>>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/event.html
>>>

>> Only from reading the description, I would say that you will need to extend
>> the mpm to meet your needs. You need asynchronous processing to be triggered
>> by a module, Event MPM does async for specific core cases.
>>
>> My earlier spiel was about a possible technique that you could use.
>

> Sorry, I'm bit confused. I thought you were telling the technique you used
> with Event MPM (proprietary one) that you talked about. Or are you
> explaining how can this be done with the normal MPMs.

When solving this problem earlier, we started with the event mpm as a
base, applied the technique I described in my previous email and ended
up creating a new "async" mpm.

 From my reading of the description it looks to me like our earlier
approach is still valid since the event mpm does not seem to have
changed much architecturally (or so I think).

srp
--
http://saju.net.in