httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Saju Pillai <saju.pil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous request processing
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:24:32 GMT
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply. I have found this Event MPM for httpd. Is it
> possible to use this for my scenario?
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/event.html

Only from reading the description, I would say that you will need to
extend the mpm to meet your needs. You need asynchronous processing to
be triggered by a module, Event MPM does async for specific core cases.

My earlier spiel was about a possible technique that you could use.
Instead of creating a new thread pool as you were suggesting earlier -
you could just reuse the "worker" thread pool - with the most time
intensive activity  - waiting for i/o handed off to 1 single dedicated
thread, freeing the workers to handle other requests.

Also, hacking your own mpm may not work in your case if you are shipping
a module to others.

srp
--
http://saju.net.in