httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Elison Smith <>
Subject apr_global_mutex_lock() failing with "permission denied"
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 05:57:00 GMT
I am using shared memory to share some data between my module instances in
Apache child processes, and apr_global_mutex_t  to achieve
mutually-exclusive reads and writes.

In a post_config_hook, I create the mutex using apr_global_mutex_create()
and then reopen it inside each child process by calling
apr_global_mutex_child_init() inside a child_init hook.

However, when I try to grab the lock inside a child, the operation fails
with a "permission denied". For the lock file, I  am using "/tmp/tmp" which
is a file writeable by all.

Any clues?