httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Shibu Narendranathan" <shi...@sonimtech.com>
Subject Need help with --activate-module
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:22:11 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to implement a proprietary encryption mechanism on an
existing apache server.
What is desired is the following.

Client                                Server
------------------------------|-----------------------------------------
----
1) sends a binary message to  | 1) receives and
   port80 (key Xchange msg)-> |    a) Checks if it is a normal http msg
                              |       If yes, continue the normal way.
                              |    b) Checks if it is a binary message
                              |       (Let's assume it has a marker, say
                              |        first 4 chars are FFFF)
                              |       If yes, then return a response
right
   receive response (binary)  | <---  away & keep the connection open
for more
                              |       messages, which will be decrypted
by the
                              |       module and given to rest of layers
(as if
                              |       it were normal HTTP message).

  send encrypted message -->  |       The new module decrypts it and
passes to
  (binary)                    |       rest of the layers.

Can anybody give me an insight into the ways which I can achieve this? I
am new to apache modules and was looking into header_parser module to
achieve a part of this. What is the right/correct way to do this? Do I
have to play around with the core modules?

Any suggestions/ideas are very much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Shibu.