httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jaysingh Samuel <jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Shared memory and performance slow.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:22:07 GMT

Hai all,

Iam loading huge hash map in the shared memory, and
the hash map can be reloaded again by hitting the handler without
server restart. I use the apr_shm to create the shared memory and the
apr_rmm to manage the memory..

I create around 1 GB of shared memory which i manage. Because of this implementation i find
performance issue, ie the apache server to be very slow..

I use the worker mpm.. Please guide me how to reduce the apache startup time.

guess the shared memory reduces the apache performance when we create
huge shared memory. Is that correct?

Is there any method to faster the processing speed with the Shared memory?.

Please guide me..

Thanks in Advance,
Jaysingh Samuel.
For the freshest Indian Jobs Visit MSN Jobs
http://www.in.msn.com/jobs