httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Pooja Maheshwari <pooja.maheshw...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Regarding custom logger
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:10:27 GMT
Hi Ivan,

Thanks a lot for your help. I got mod_security sources, compiled and got it up on my local
apache test server 2.2.11. Am able to capture the post data using it.

Can you please suggest further if i choose the log type to be concurrent, then is there a
good and available way/module through which its possible to collect all the data being logged
in real time. I am talking of load that may indicate 50K transactions at any given time.

Thanks for help,
Pooja

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Ristic [mailto:ivan.ristic@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 5:05 PM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding custom logger

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Pooja Maheshwari
<pooja.maheshwari@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to log client side data sent as part of post/get request. The logger modules that
come with Apache 2.2, like mod_log_config and mod_logio, seem to support logging for only
the query string part and other request_rec items. Is it possible to achieve the logging of
data sent as POST data (which may be of huge size) using any of the existing or third party
log modules?

Yes, ModSecurity (http://www.modsecurity.org) does what you need.

> Do we have something like LogForJ that can be used by apache C module on windows?
>
> Thanks for help,
> -Pooja
>
> ________________________________
> * Meet us at Hall 2/Booth 2C111 at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 16-19, 2009.
> * Attend the qLabs webinar on Test Case Prioritization on Feb 20, 2009. Visit www.impetus.com
for details.

> Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the
CNBC emerging India 2008.

interception or interference.

--
Ivan Ristic

* Meet us at Hall 2/Booth 2C111 at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 16-19, 2009.
* Attend the qLabs webinar on Test Case Prioritization on Feb 20, 2009. Visit www.impetus.com
for details.

Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the CNBC
emerging India 2008.

or interference.