httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Pooja Maheshwari <pooja.maheshw...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Regarding Multithreading in apache modules
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:59:32 GMT
Hi Sorin,

Thanks for the prompt response. So is it possible to create new threads and do my custom tasks
in parallel? Do you have any useful pointers to working with apr_thread_proc?

I have a doubt that using multithreading inside apache module, which is itself part of an
apache main process thread could be much beneficial? The module I intend to write is basically
for generating log files using the client side data sent as part of the request. This data
is going to be of uniform size mostly.

Thanks,
Pooja

-----Original Message-----
From: Sorin Manolache [mailto:sorinm@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 4:21 PM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding Multithreading in apache modules

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:33, Pooja Maheshwari
<pooja.maheshwari@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to use multithreading in apache modules written in C?

Yes.

> As I searched, apr_thread_proc provides process & thread management functions. Does
it come as part of Apache 2.2?

Yes.

Apache itself uses threads to serve requests if it is configured to
use the mpm_worker module.

A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top-posting frowned upon?
A: Top-posting.

* Meet us at Hall 2/Booth 2C111 at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 16-19, 2009.
* Attend the qLabs webinar on Test Case Prioritization on Feb 20, 2009. Visit www.impetus.com
for details.

Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the CNBC
emerging India 2008.

or interference.