httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <Houser.R...@aoins.com>
Subject RE: cache POST requests
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:20:07 GMT
You mean post REQUESTS, not RESPONSES, correct?  GET requests shouldn't
be very large, but it's not all that uncommon to have GET responses
larger than 1GB (local LANS, etc.).  Accept all the incomming data on a
post (which could be 1+MB file attachments, etc.), generate a unique
URL, and redirect the user there to fetch the result.

Thanks,

Rick Houser
Auto-Owners Insurance
Systems Support
(517)703-2580

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony J. Biacco [mailto:abiacco@formatdynamics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:52 PM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: cache POST requests

I read that for the 1.0 spec, but thought for the 1.1 it was possible
with the proper expiration headers. Although I do understand the keying
problem.
My problem is that my POSTs vary wildly in size from 5k to over a meg,
and avg. out to about 45k. Being that GETs in apache by default are
limited to 8k, I'll get a 414 error, so I'm not sure where I can turn to
cache this. I suppose I can up the LimitRequestLine parameter to the max
I need, but I'm not sure how kosher that is.

Thanx,

-Tony
Manager, IT Operations
Format Dynamics, Inc.