httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: WELCOME to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:16:09 GMT
dave wrote:
> I tried defining a merge callback for both the server level and the
> directory level, but that doesn't seem to change anything.
>
> -dave
> mankyd@gmail.com

I understand - you are using both directory AND server side configs.
directory configs do not get created until a request.  And a merge
should never return the same structure, meaning you should get new
configs.  Even the directory configs don't get created until the request
comes in.  In the handler, try setting two distinct variables, one to
the server side and one to the directory config, and you should
definitely see a difference.

Well done!
Joe