httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Multithreading in apache modules
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:07:50 GMT
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:59, Pooja Maheshwari
<pooja.maheshwari@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Hi Sorin,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response. So is it possible to create new threads and do my custom
tasks in parallel? Do you have any useful pointers to working with apr_thread_proc?

> I have a doubt that using multithreading inside apache module, which is itself part of
an apache main process thread could be much beneficial? The module I intend to write is basically
for generating log files using the client side data sent as part of the request. This data
is going to be of uniform size mostly.

I do not really understand your problem and your need to use threads.
Why not hook log_transaction for your purpose?

Does it come as part of Apache 2.2?

> Yes.
>
> Apache itself uses threads to serve requests if it is configured to
> use the mpm_worker module.

> --
> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
> Q: Why is top-posting frowned upon?
> A: Top-posting.
>
> * Meet us at Hall 2/Booth 2C111 at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 16-19, 2009.
> * Attend the qLabs webinar on Test Case Prioritization on Feb 20, 2009. Visit www.impetus.com
for details.

> Impetus is the winner of the Economic Times Intel Smart Workplace Awards 2008 and the
CNBC emerging India 2008.

interception or interference.

--
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.