httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Michele Waldman" <mmwald...@nyc.rr.com>
Subject RE: Making mod_auth_digest mysql
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:57:20 GMT
It is different that just authenticating.

Due to an htaccess authentication implementation, it requires a work around
to prevent those pesky popups the browsers produce.

I'm trying to do a spin on this:
http://www.berenddeboer.net/rest/authentication.html

Implementing the mod_auth_digest authenticating against mysql was all part
of this.

Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Lewis [mailto:joe@joe-lewis.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:39 PM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Making mod_auth_digest mysql

Michele Waldman wrote:
> There is not authentication requirement for logged_out it's in a higher
> directory.

Okay, then. I'm afraid I am not understanding everything here. I doubt
the wheel needs to be reimplemented, but it seems the push is in that
direction. For my feeble mind, can you give a brief overview of what you
are trying to accomplish?

As I see it, you were creating a mod_auth_digest_mysql . This now feels
completely different than just an authentication.

--
Joe Lewis
Chief Nerd 	SILVERHAWK <http://www.silverhawk.net/> 	(801)

/They're multi purpose. Not only do they put the clips on, but they take
them off.
--Pratt & Whitney spokesperson explaining why the company charged the
Air Force nearly $1,000 for an ordinary pair of pliers./