httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VS: ap_auth_type() -question
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:37:24 GMT
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Jouni Mäkeläinen
<jouni.makelainen@twinkle.fi> wrote:
>>>    if (!encrypted_sso_str || apr_strnatcmp(encrypted_sso_str, "false") ==
>>> 0) {
>>>        if (apr_strnatcasecmp(ap_auth_type(r), "auth_xxx") == 0) {
>> NULL != ap_auth_type(r)?
> Code is supposed to test, if the required auth type matches (set with AuthType directive)
with the auth type ("auth_xxx") that module handles. Now ap_auth_type(r) seems to return pointer
to memory location, that causes segmentation fault when accessed (for example in sprintf("Auth
type: %s", ap_auth_type(r)).

I'm suggesting that you need to make sure you don't follow a null pointer,

> I don't call apr_match_glob() directly, but assumed that ap_auth_type(r) call caused
the execution of the glob function.

I don't think so --  it's a very simple getter (and ap_auth_type would
still be in the stack in that case)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com