httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Bastos" <mysql.jo...@decimal.pt>
Subject RE: mod_vhost_dbd
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:55:28 GMT
> Thanks -- it's always nice to be appreciated. Let me know if you hit
> any
> problems, as I don't have the resources to test it in lots of different
> situations.

I'll :)

> This is possible using mod_sqltemplate. Suppose in your database, you
> have a "php_register_globals" column, which is either "On" or "Off".
> Then this will work:
>
> <SQLRepeat ".... blah sql to select virtualhosts... ">
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> # ...
> php_flag register_globals ${php_register_globals}
> # ...
> </VirtualHost>
> </SQLRepeat>
>
> > When I say this values for php, it may happen that other ones appear.
> >
> You can use a similar method for any directives. You can even have
> fully
> custom directives:
>
> <SQLRepeat...>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> #...
> ${custom}
> #...
> </VirtualHost>
> </SQLRepeat>

So I think my problem is resolved!
Resuming, I can have as many columns I want in the hosts table, correct? If
so, I can have the config I want!!! That's fantastic, I've been looking for
something like this for some years!

> You can tell Apache to perform a config reload (e.g. via apache2ctl
> graceful), which will force the configuration to be re-read from the
> database.

Hum but this only via commandline correct?

Another thing, apache read's this, when it loads and stays with this info on
memory correct?
The existing virtualhosts that I have, I can leave that intact, and start
using the new virtualhosts with this configuration, correct?