httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From pierre.h...@mindlab.de
Subject Antwort: Need help with --activate-module
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:34:05 GMT
Hi,

I don't know the book but a look to Google says that it seems to refer
Apache 1.3.x. If you don't need a static module take a look to the apxs
script (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/de/programs/apxs.html) otherwise
check a shipped module as a reference. Note that also the API has changed
to Apache 2.x..

Pierre

"Shibu Narendranathan" <shibun@sonimtech.com>
28.01.2009 12:34
Bitte antworten an
modules-dev@httpd.apache.org

An
<modules-dev@httpd.apache.org>
Kopie
"Shibu Narendranathan" <shibun@sonimtech.com>
Thema
Need help with --activate-module

Hi All,

I am a newbie to apache modules and having trouble adding a new module
of my own. So any help would be very much appreciated.

I am referring the book "Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C" by
Lincoln Stein & Doug MacEachern and I am trying to write a module in C.
In the book, it is mentioned to use the following to get the new module
activated:

% ./configure --activate-module=src/modules/site/mod_hello.c \
--enable-module=hello

I get  the following error:
configure: error:
unrecognized option: --activate-module=src/modules/site/mod_hello.c
Try `./configure --help' for more information.

On trying ./configure -help,  I did not find the option
"--activate-module"
I am working on version Apache/2.2.11.

I tried searching on net and in the archives of this mailing list
(http://marc.info/?l=apache-modules), but could not find any answer.

Thanks in advance,
Shibu Narendranathan.