httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Shibu Narendranathan" <shi...@sonimtech.com>
Subject Need help with --activate-module
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:34:28 GMT
Hi All,

I am a newbie to apache modules and having trouble adding a new module
of my own. So any help would be very much appreciated.

I am referring the book "Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C" by
Lincoln Stein & Doug MacEachern and I am trying to write a module in C.
In the book, it is mentioned to use the following to get the new module
activated:

% ./configure --activate-module=src/modules/site/mod_hello.c \
--enable-module=hello

I get  the following error:
configure: error:
unrecognized option: --activate-module=src/modules/site/mod_hello.c
Try `./configure --help' for more information.

On trying ./configure -help,  I did not find the option
"--activate-module"
I am working on version Apache/2.2.11.

I tried searching on net and in the archives of this mailing list
(http://marc.info/?l=apache-modules), but could not find any answer.

Thanks in advance,
Shibu Narendranathan.