httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From John David Duncan <...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Why is r->handler a garbled string?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 20:14:54 GMT
Hi,

I've solved the problem, though I may not exactly understand how.

It was an issue with the way I was building the module, which was
fixed once I added in the flags I got from "apr-config --cppflags".
(I used to rant that the mostly-undocumented design change to apxs in
apache 2.0 was one of the many obstacles in maintaining this multi-
source-file C++ module for both apache 1.3 and apache 2.  But apr-
config actually makes up for it).

So I think my module had a struct alignment issue which was somehow
fixed by something in " -DSOLARIS2=11 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -
D_REENTRANT -mt -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64".

>> But when I build my own apache 2.2.9 with debugging symbols
>> (configure --with-included-apr --enable-maintainer-mode), I can't
>> reproduce the problem.
>
> NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!  Does this package ship with build/config.nice?
> What are the contents of that file?  That should tell you how the
> package was built.

Yes, in fact the package does contain config.nice, which begins:

CC="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc"; export CC
CFLAGS="-xO3 -xarch=386 -xchip=pentium -xspace -Xa  -xildoff -
xc99=all  -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL -DSSL_ENGINE -xO4"; export CFLAGS

Those flags alone don't do the trick for me, but the ones from apr-
config make it all work.

JD